Join the Brave Girl Community

Sunday, December 29, 2013

One Word, One Year, Trust.

What if you chose to sum up your life's goal in one word? Would it demonstrate hope? Despair?
Where are you at right now?
What are you pursuing?
What is bringing you life?
What is bringing you down?

These were all thoughts I had as I considered the "oneword365" challenge.
I don't tweet, I'm not on twitter, I don't own an apple anything, so I'm only partially "with it" in the social media world. Eventually this will change as my family persuades me that "face time" is far superior to skype at the desktop. They did eventually bring me into their phone carrier though I was a holdout for a long time. (Who can beat a $39.95 grandfather plan with great local coverage and no dropped calls? Really?!)

So, as I thought on where I desire personal growth, I thought of my relationship with God. What would I ask of Him if I could only use one word? I would like to deepen my trust with Him.

It would be a long story to explain why I don't feel I trust Him fully. I don't understand His grace and though Grace would have been another good choice, I feel that Trust is where I desire to be. Like an adventurer about to scale a mighty peak, I am trembling with great anticipation and nervous energy. Trust will take me places and I'll not be the same come January 2015. That would be a noble goal.

~Tammy

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tmmy ! My word is "trust" too :) ... if you want to read my post it's at: http://www.messymiddle.com/2014/01/02/does-god-play-with-us-like-a-cat-with-a-mouse/

    I'm thinking the third Tuesday of every month hosting a "Trusting Tuesday" link up where people can link up what they are learning or where they are in their journey of trust. If you'd be interested, let me know at messymiddle@gmail.com.

    I enjoyed your post! :) Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, how exciting that the same word is on both of our hearts! The Trusting Tuesday seems like a wonderful idea. When I signed up only two others were on there with "trust" as their one word.
      I'll be sure to comment on yours after I read it. :D

      Delete
  2. Great :) ... I'll look forward to your comment! And if you can shoot me an email at messymiddle@gmail.com I can let you know when we're good to go :). I look forward to sharing this journey with you and others!!

    ReplyDelete